Tuesday, November 24, 2015

It's Just An Intro

What's good? The name is Mook & for as long as I can remember I've been a HUGE hip-hop head. Growing up through the best patch of time creatively in the genre (the 90's & early '00s) has afforded me a sense of whats quality when it comes to the rap game. After going back myself & looking at my vast collection of albums as well as old copies of The Source, Rap Pages, & XXL. I've decided to create this blog sort of as a personal timeline for hip-hop as we've known it in the past up to now. I will cover each year in the world of hip-hop starting from 1987. Why '87? Well, I was born that year & it was also the year that more innovative albums and acts began emerging. While there was a lot that transcended the game before that year (Run DMC, LL Cool J, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, Beastie Boys to name a few), I just feel like its a good starting point.

While doing each year I will cover the following...



-Top 10 Best Albums

-The 5 Most Underrated Albums



I will also note that starting with 1990 I will also include a top 5 most disappointing album list. I chose 1990 because by this point the rap game was now realized as a big money maker. Which in turn gave way to more rappers (good or otherwise) as well as more tendency to see established artists crank out less than potent material. I'm gonna try to crank out about 28 years of hip hop through the end of 2015 well into '16 in time to also do a review on 2016 when the time may come. So sit back, throw on some headphones and enjoy the read.    

No comments:

Post a Comment